Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Posts For Class: Sports Fanatacism

Well, the end of another semester has arrived. This blog began as an assignment for my sportswriting class, but I'm going to continue to keep it up; I know for a fact that it is the primary source of Red Sox information for at least one person (although that one person is GirlfriendRach, and I think she feels kinda obligated to read it).

My final project for the class was to write an article about my own sports fanaticism, a trait of mine that my reader(s) should have recognized by now; I'll post excerpts from the article tomorrow. Today, however, I'm going to post several videos of other fanatical sports fans as a sort of teaser. Each thing you are about to see, I have done. I am a Red Sox psychopath, and I have no regrets.

Phillies Baseball
I would love to say that I would be smart enough to not do this the next time the Red Sox make a deep playoff run. But I know that's all bullshit. I totally would.


Clemson Football
My heart goes out to this guy. I know what it feels like to have your heart ripped out and stomped on by a sports team. It takes a big man to cry over a sporting event. Fear not, ClemsonGuy; the University of Iowa will avenge your pain in the Orange Bowl.


Oregon State Football
This guy is cute. He thinks his school's football team is worth throwing a temper tantrum over. Let me tell you something, Guy; just because you beat USC a couple years ago doesn't erase the fact that your team is called the Beavers and wears bright orange.


Russian Soccer
OK, so I haven't done this one. The thing I love about this video is the fact that a little fat guy can run onto a field for the world's biggest sport, filled with some of the world's premier athletes (and Ronaldo), and is able to scamper around the field completely untouched. Seriously, where the hell is the security?


Photoshop Deluxe
I honestly couldn't tell you where this picture originated; it has been Photoshopped to tailor to just about every team in the world. As far as I know, these kid can be found flipping the bird to the archrival of Little Lord Fauntleroy's School for Albino Hemophiliacs. Coolest kid ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment